Mario Draghi. Today he starts as the ECB's newly appointed President. For most of us the first week in a new job will consist of: unrepentant training, endless contract signing and the almost impossible task of remembering everybody's name. Draghi, however, is faced with the following 'to do' list:
- Day one: must sign contract of employment
- Day two: need to signal my strategy for getting the Eurozone out of the current economic doozy it's found itself in
- Day three: remember everyone's name
- Day four: announce the interest rate decision
- Day five: hit the pub at lunchtime - it's been a long week...